Friday, May 11, 2012

Chambord Stout

EDIT: I don't know how this post got moved up to the top of my blog. I added a title.... Maybe that was it....

Well... Here I am waiting for Lindsey to get home. I've been pretty busy so far today doing all kinds of things and I decided to have one of my Chambord Stouts while I wait...

WOW! This thing is aging VERY nicely!


Although almost all of the Chambord has fermented out, it really gives it a nice silky mouth feel. Very full bodied with about 1/2 inch of a tan head that lingers for quite some time. The lacing on the glass is quite nice as well. Very chocolatey with a hint of espresso and is a very satisfying beer overall. This would go great with a bowl of vanilla ice cream or even a cream pie of sorts.

As for fishing last night, I didn't get to spend nearly as much time out on the pond that I would have liked to, but it was very relaxing in any case.


I got a couple beers down me, and even managed to catch a small catfish. Now I just need to start reeling in the big ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment