Friday, May 11, 2012

Big Sky I.P.A.

Lately, I haven't been able to get enough hops in me and it seems that all I've done is drink IPA's and pale ales. Today has been no different and I just cracked open a Big Sky IPA. I haven't had one of these in quite a long time.

It's a very attractive looking beer with and amber/red color to it and a very thick creamy head to go with it. I wish the head would last a bit longer on it, but it is present throughout the whole beer. Lots of lacing around the edges and seems to hold tight.

It really doesn't have much of an aroma to it and what is there is citrusy and smells of grapefruit. Definitely not much on the nose.

As for taste, it tastes just like the aroma would have you believe. Many citrusy flavors develop with just a slight lingering taste of pine resin. Very quaffable beer and at 6.2%, it could get pretty dangerous awfully quick. Hops just seem to go down too easy. This one tastes of my favorite "C" variety hops.

Not the best on the market, but I would definitely give it 3.5 stars.


On a side note, tonight will involve more fishing. I think the plan is to go to the Wildcat Marina and slay some evening crappies. At least that's what we WANT to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment